Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Grief and Love

I'm not really sure what to say except that you should take some time today to read Drea's guest post on A Practical Wedding.

We took the time to grieve. To be honest, we’re still grieving. I felt both betrayed and a betrayer; betrayed by my body and a betrayer to my husband, to our plan. On my worst day, I offered to walk away, to leave my husband so he could find a new wife, one who could give him the family he deserved. The look on his face told me he’d never even consider it.

It was that day that I really understood our marriage.

D. and I are at a bit of a crossroads at the moment, discerning about our future, and it seems all of these big-life-decisions or big-life-just-happens-to-you come with a certain amount of grief for the life you won't end up living. It's so wonderful know that love grows even through those challenges and that our partnerships and the families we build make us braver to face those life realities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogs have opened up a world of community and conversation between people thousands of miles apart. I love that. I do not love judgmental or nasty comments. They do not engender conversation and community.